pouët.net

Go to bottom
CrapTro5: We can't stop crapin' by CrapTeam
screenshot added by Mandi on 2018-08-27 18:22:54
platform :
type :
release date : august 2018
release party : AmiParty 2018
compo : amiga demo
ranked : 2nd
  • rulez 3
  • is ok 3
  • sucks 0
popularity : 0%
 0%
  • rulez 0.50
alltime top: #24842
added on the 2018-08-27 18:22:54 by Mandi Mandi

popularity helper

increase the popularity of this prod by spreading this URL:

or via: facebook twitter google+ pinterest tumblr

comments

Demo is okay in my opinion. Works fine with 1MB Chipram and 0 Fastram by the way. Sadly on machines with 512kb Chipram + 512kb Fastram, Demo starts normally, but then and after some seconds it hangs. Maybe this can be fixed?
added on the 2018-08-28 05:44:06 by AW87 AW87
Quote:
Demo starts normally, but then and after some seconds it hangs. Maybe this can be fixed?


Sadly no, because music eats up 400kb chip, and other things also needs chip, it crashes because 512kb chip is not enought to fit all chip data :-(
added on the 2018-08-28 06:17:23 by Mandi Mandi
I've just run the ADF on my A600 configuration (runs fine) and compared it to the current YouTube video, and they are noticeably different. Is one a party and one a final?
added on the 2018-08-28 13:19:46 by Foebane72 Foebane72
Quote:
I've just run the ADF on my A600 configuration (runs fine) and compared it to the current YouTube video, and they are noticeably different. Is one a party and one a final?


In what terms different? It was recorded from the same .ADF, but using WinUAE set to strict mode, 020 (no JIT, 14MHz), 2MB Chip and 8MB Fast, screen was set to 1280x1024 to keep aspect as in original. If "different" means slower on A600, yes, this is possible. I was shocked when I checked that this works and looks fine on A500/600 with 1MB Chip, because it's heavily uses copying big parts of memroy to achieve effect.

But if you tells 'different' in term that you see differences between order of animals, or colors, or glitches, yes, it will look everytime differently, because it also heavily uses randomness. No animation involved, everything is random and calculated, but music driven. Even points in Chaos rotator everytime starst and goes differently, so by design even on the same machine it loooks slightly/noticeable differently, only on YT it looks always the same.
added on the 2018-08-28 14:52:43 by Mandi Mandi
Quote:
But if you tells 'different' in term that you see differences between order of animals, or colors, or glitches, yes, it will look everytime differently, because it also heavily uses randomness. No animation involved, everything is random and calculated, but music driven. Even points in Chaos rotator everytime starst and goes differently, so by design even on the same machine it loooks slightly/noticeable differently, only on YT it looks always the same.


Yes, I see now. I've run it three times just now. What a nice change, most demos are usually the same each time you run them :)
added on the 2018-08-28 21:59:55 by Foebane72 Foebane72
Not the prettiest demo around but it looks consistent and achieves what it was meant to. In my opinion, much more interesting than the demo that came first.
rulez added on the 2018-08-31 08:56:27 by exocet exocet
Enjoyed it, music was decent, pace and style good, only part was style of gfx could be improved, esp since they are replayed so many times ala a acid/rave demo it would be nice to see more stylised visuals.
rulez added on the 2018-08-31 10:08:20 by amigajay amigajay
Fishes and Gabber from Poland :P
rulez added on the 2018-08-31 11:40:55 by Queen_Luna Queen_Luna
Quote:
only part was style of gfx could be improved


Those GFX have gto 20 years, originally was in up to 16 colours and was converted to 2 colours to make it consistent with whole demo. :-)
added on the 2018-08-31 12:21:15 by Mandi Mandi

submit changes

if this prod is a fake, some info is false or the download link is broken,

do not post about it in the comments, it will get lost.

instead, click here !

[previous edits]

add a comment

Go to top